Our Lady of Sorrows Church


The first Our Lady of Sorrows church, a log building, was completed by Fr. Henry Grotegeers, S.J. in 1910. Within two years, construction of a frame church was made possible by a $1,000 donation. In 1935, Fr. Plasidus Sialm, S.J. constructed the present day Our Lady of Sorrows church with $8,000. Early catechists included Moses Broken Leg and George Apple.


  • Fr. Ron Seminara, SJ, pastor of Kyle, Wanblee and Allen districts 
  • Viola Loafer, parish coordinator

Lay Ministers

  • John Apple 
  • Larry Bush 
  • Florida Jealous of Him 


P.O. Box 567
Kyle, South Dakota 57752
(605) 455-2888


St. Stephen, Medicine Root
St. John of the Cross, Allen